Posted: Monday, October 26, 2020
a pdf version of this document is available from this link
Notice of date appointed for the exercise of electors' rights
under the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004
PEMBREY AND BURRY PORT TOWN COUNCIL
Financial year ended 31 March 2020
1. Date of announcement 26th October 2020
2. Each year the annual accounts are audited by the Auditor General for Wales.
Prior to this date, any interested person has the opportunity to inspect and
make copies of the accounts and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers
and receipts etc. relating to them for 20 working days on reasonable notice.
For the year ended 31 March 2020, these documents will be available on
reasonable notice on application to:
Memorial Institute, Parc y Minos Street, Burry Port
between the hours of 10am and 3pm on Monday to Friday
commencing on 9th November 2020
and ending on 4th December 2020
1. From 5th of December 2020 until the audit has been completed, Local
Government Electors and their representatives also have:
• the right to question the Auditor General about the accounts. The Auditor
General can be contacted via Grant Thornton; and
• the right to attend before the Auditor General and make objections to the
accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be
given to the Auditor General via Grant Thornton. A copy of the written
notice must also be given to the council.
• [Grant Thornton can be contacted at: Grant Thornton, 3 Callaghan Square,
Cardiff, CF10 5BT]
2. The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Public Audit (Wales)
Act 2004, the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2014 and the Auditor
General for Wales' Code of Audit Practice.